[DeTomaso] Pony Express Accident - Injuries but both driverandnavigator doing well

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 29 19:54:32 EDT 2007

The consensus is as Michael Frazier suggested yesterday that they 'may' not have had their helmets straps secured or secured tight enough.

  Tech inspectors at all the ORR events always double check harness and subbelt at starting line and they pull them TIGHT if they aren't already when you move past pre-grid....but unless they see a helmet chin strap hanging down or some other lose item on driver in cockpit I can't ever remember in 41 ORR's or SCCA or that many open track events in 30+ years where anyone ever tugged on my helmet chin strap....harness and belts yea....but you can bet they will start checking helmet straps now!

  Mad Dawg Antenucci
  Team Pantera Racing
  www.teampanteraracing.com

Gray Gregory <rgg at gregorycook.com> wrote:
  Good questions! By helmets and restraints do you mean HANS devices? If
so this would be very unusual and most interesting to hear exactly how
it might have happened.