[DeTomaso] Do I own a Pantera or a Gremlin...?

Steve Hawkins shawkins777 at comcast.net
Wed Aug 29 16:39:19 EDT 2007

Been there done that.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: detomaso-bounces at realbig.com [mailto:detomaso-bounces at realbig.com] On
Behalf Of Mark McWhinney
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 12:02 PM
To: 'Christopher Kimball'; detomaso at realbig.com
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Do I own a Pantera or a Gremlin...?

>> If my semi-incoherent ramblings about my '72 Pantera become tiresome,
please let me know and I'll stop!

Ramble on, McDuff.

Shortly after I got my Pantera, I heard a loud, expensive sounding screech
coming from the engine bay but, like you, did not have any other symptoms of
trouble.  I drove it to the monthly PCNC meeting where a group of POCA's
finest shade tree mechanics jumped on it.  Jim Kuehne crawled way back in to
the bay to locate the source and correctly diagnosed the problem as a bad
bearing in the idler pulley.