[DeTomaso] TIG welder

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se
Wed Aug 29 10:26:51 EDT 2007

SOBill at aol.com skrev:
> Thomas,
>
> TIG can be used to weld everything.

Yep, this is really why I'd like one, and one that is both AC and DC. I
guess I won't be practicing on my magnesium GT5 Campagnolos, but I will
surely try all kind of useless experiments, like copper :-)

> Temperature control with a TIG is totally controllable so  "stitching" sheet
> metal easy.

I watched when the welder that modified my EFI intake welded my new dip
stick. I wanted a dipstick that seals properly to the tube, and found
that audi had O-ringed dipsticks that fit nicely. They were too short
though, and I bought two and cut one end off of each of them, and he
welded them together. He used very low current, and the arc could hardly
be seen when we weld them up. Really cool :-)

> Have fun,
>
> SOBill  Taylor
> sobill at aol.com

Cheers,