[DeTomaso] LIST ADMINISTRATOR

John Taphorn jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Tue Aug 28 23:56:31 EDT 2007

Joe asks:

>I just got an email from Michael Shortt and he says he's been  banned from
> the web ring.  Is that true?

Not to my knowledge. Steve Hawkins is our new Administrator and it is a
little late for me to contact him at this hour.

The list server bounces individuals on occasion and generally it is due to
modifications created by the bouncee's e-mail server.  Perhaps, coincidental
timing in this case.  I threw that out for the conspiracy theorists.

That said, POCA has treated every individual with respect and honesty on
this forum for years.  My e-mail and phone number is published everywhere.
I am always at a loss that sometimes people choose to voice accusations in
public rather that seek answers or solutions constructively from people who
are in control and make a difference.

As an FYI & reminder, the POCA Administrator's approach to bad behavior on
the list is to address it personally and privately with the offender.  I
recognize that this approach leaves the public out of the loop and may
create the impression that no one is minding the store; but, it is discreet,
respectful, and has been effective.  No one has purposely been banned from
the list without prior warning.

JT