[DeTomaso] Pantera Design Question

Gray Gregory rgg at gregorycook.com
Tue Aug 28 11:56:35 EDT 2007

Goran,

The common definition of over-steer (also referred to as loose) is when the rear loses grip and the back end begins to slide. The effect of this is that the car turns more than was desired thus the term "over-steer". Under steer (also called push) would be just the opposite; the front end loses grip and the car does not turn in proportion to the amount of steering input that is being applied. The effect being that the car turns less than desired therefore the term "under steer".

Gray