[DeTomaso] Pantera Design Question

Gray Gregory rgg at gregorycook.com
Tue Aug 28 10:55:40 EDT 2007

Dave,

I don't know if I would say it handled too well and Ford wanted it to
handle worse. As I understand it; the original set up on the Pantera
tended toward over steer at the limit and Ford wanted it to under steer
because it's easier for the average driver to react to a push. They
accomplished this by softening the rear sway bar. I don't know weather
or not this made the car begin to slide at a lower speed and as far as
handling "worse" that of course is debatable and subjective depending on
the driver's personal preference.

Gray