[DeTomaso] Clutch slipping at 3000 RPMs

Konrad.Szwab at AlconLabs.com Konrad.Szwab at AlconLabs.com
Tue Aug 28 09:54:45 EDT 2007

You were absolutely correct about the condition of my clutch. This
weekend thanks to the kindness of the guys at SCPOCA we took apart the
clutch and replaced it, along w/ the pressure plate and throwout
bearing.

The clutch was worn down to the rivets. I am still tormented by
questions now if it was due to a poor initial adjustment or my poor
driving style.

Many thanks to Gray Gregory, Kirby Schrader, John Taphorn, Steve Hawkins
and the others for helping me with this issue and a great afternoon. I
am looking forward to more meetings like that and hopefully I could
learn more and help others with their projects.

I promise I will not steal any more tools, too. :)

The car runs much better now and I hope to drive it more often. I will
change the fluids more often also.

Konrad