[DeTomaso] My Final Word on the Stupid Jiffy Lube Mess

scott black timepiecepr2 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 27 10:12:32 EDT 2007

Guys,

  Too many people are blowing this way out of proportion.  The story, which apparently is from May 2006 (last summer), was posted to remind people to be careful when you have any car repaired - who hasn't been burned?

  MD and a few others stood up for me when my character was questioned by someone who was over zealous in their response and should have contacted me personally in the beginning.  I appreciate the kind words from those who posted and contacted me privately.

  The two MD's - Mad Dog and Mike Drew - have been our two best ambassadors to the world.  Dennis is a bit sarcastic in his humor at times, which is part of his charm.  One of the downfalls of text communications is that tone and facial expressions can't be adequately conveyed.

  He is a first class, hard charging, colorful guy who doesn't deserve such bitterness from some of the members of the list.  If you want to have fun, hang out with Dennis - with or without your Pantera.  I feel fortunate to count him as a good friend and would trust him with my life.  There are several others on the list like that and I encourage the newer members to get to know some of the long timers like Mike Frazier, Jack DeRyke, Forest, Fred Terry, Laurie and others.  They are people you can count on when visiting their town - or if you happen to break down in their area.

  Somehow we're fixating on a subject that should have come and passed instead of talking about maintaining and enjoying our cars.  I'm done with the subject and I hope we all can move on, too.

  Scott Black

TimePiece Public Relations
Dallas - Houston - New York
www.timepiecepr.com