[DeTomaso] back-up light power source

Lee Farrell lee_farrell at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 26 15:19:18 EDT 2007

Chris - on some cars (like my early '72) the backup switch is powered off a green wire that goes to fuse 3 - which gets power from the headlight switch.   On other (later, I presume)  cars, the switch is connected to fuse 12, which gets power from the ignition switch.  This is shown on the Pantera Place electrical diagram called "Power Distribution".  You could just move the wire at the fuse block.   I don't think the extra current - a few amps - will matter, especially if you have already offloaded the fan current from that fuse - which is 25 A.

lee farrell