[DeTomaso] Axles and halfshafts

bill gaino gaino at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 26 08:42:21 EDT 2007

Will, There was some talk on the PIBB. I think Roland Jackel from Germany insists that the stock style axles are less likely to break. It makes sense that the stock style, though not as strong as aftermarket is more flexible making it "snap" resistant. It is my understanding that late model Corvette axles are made hollow to give them some tourque flexibility. I would think that drag racing on a sticky track and dumping the clucth at elevated rpm from a dead stop is going to the cruelest thing you could do to both the ZF and the drivelines.