[DeTomaso] Jiffy Lube

LaurieFerrari at aol.com LaurieFerrari at aol.com
Sat Aug 25 16:25:29 EDT 2007

Oh Michael,
I can only surmise you own a five minute shop.
What is irresponsible about reporting news of  interest whether new or old?
Some may never have  seen this story and could benefit by the awareness.  If
you can not feel confident that your work is being done and done correctly
without snooping and demanding parts back, it's a  darn shame. In most cases
putting your nose in the work area is  forbidden.  To have this worry is a form
of induced paranoia; who needs it?  I've had nightmare  experiences with
dealerships as well (forget the 5 min  shops).   Many moons ago my Lincoln Mark
VII's suspension  light kept coming on. After countless times in the dealership
for the same  problem, replacing things it probably didn't need, racking up
bills to the  extended warranty co. that rolled out of the computer like the dead
sea scrolls,  and never fixing the problem, I was exasperated.  One time the
dealership had my car for a week and they had put in excess of  1500 miles on
it; I'm not exaggerating.  Really annoyed,  I forbade them from test driving
again without my expressed consent.   The next time in, I got a call from my
service person reprimanding me for  not having current registration sticker on
it.  And how did he know  this?  The main service manager was pulled over and
ticketed for not having  current registration, driving my car AGAIN.  One
heated call to GM  Cust. Service and help from Tech Support and miraculously they
replaced some  computer that put the problem to rest.  So, thanks to Scott and
anyone who  has advice to the public that keeps professionals on their toes,
honest,  and legitimate.  It's always welcomed advice to me!
BTW.. that was a Jaguar/Lincoln dealership in the valley as the Jiffy
Lubes...maybe it's a Valley kind of thing?
Laurie

Message: 30