[DeTomaso] Stereo Head Unit Installation ?

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Fri Aug 24 17:59:12 EDT 2007

What I would do is make a mock-up of the size of the body of the deck and
put it behind the console, where the radio hole is, to ensure there is
enough room.  Make it out of wood, or stiff styrofoam or something that
won't "give" such as cardboard.  If the mock-up flexes, you won't have an
accurate depiction of what will happen when the deck is in there.

I think your biggest challenge will be the depth.  With the angle of the
console, the bottom of the deck will hit the floor and not let the deck
mount correctly, if you're not careful.  Also be sure to be aware of the
extra depth the cords coming out of the back of the radio may need--your
mock-up may fit fine, and then when you try to put the deck in with cords
attached you might find it's too big.

Good luck!

Sincerely,

Chris