[DeTomaso] TIG welder

Biancoj at aol.com Biancoj at aol.com
Fri Aug 24 07:00:06 EDT 2007

I bought a combo Tig welder Plasma cutter from a company in  California, but
made in China.  I got it on ebay as a new unit for around  $450 and that
included shipping.  I absolutely love it and was so impressed  with it, I bought
one for my father in law for Christmas this past year.  I  also bought a
refurbished  Hobart Mig 140 Welder from Tool World (I think  that's the company) and
really like it and I've seen Northern Tool sell them for  the same price.
Learning curve for the Mig welder is super easy and I don't do  any structural
stuff as I'm not that confident that I have the skill.  I  guess I'm OK as I now
have guys from work bringing me stuff to weld.  My  favorite tool is the
plasma cutter and the learning curve is close to  zero.

The best thing I ever bought for less than $500, except for  the trip to
Amsterdam.

Joe  Bianco
Charleston, SC