[DeTomaso] TIG welder

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se
Thu Aug 23 14:20:24 EDT 2007

Not that I have a real need for it, but I have for many years wanted to
have a TIG welder, an AC/DC unit so that it is usable for both steel and
alloys.

Looking at the semi-professional units you can get here they are very
nice, and have good support, but at $2k I'd rather spend that on things
I have a more immediate need for :-)

I have seen there are cheap Chinese units available on both the US and
German Ebay, which has a lot of features, like AC/DC TIG, stick, plasma
cutter. Does anyone have any experience with these, and are they even
worth the little money they cost?

Here's one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Super160-P-AC-DC-TIG-Arc-PULSE-WELDER-40A-Plasma-Cutter_W0QQitemZ220142299743QQihZ012QQcategoryZ113743QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thomas