[DeTomaso] Aluminum Rear Carriers on Ebay

Göran Malmberg hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Tue Aug 21 12:21:03 EDT 2007

The original uppright is 13,6p (from memory). There are two different original stub axle,
one with a 0,787" and the other with a 0,708" hole, these weights 4,73p and 5,94p.
The aluminium cast uppright of mine weights  8.8p and has proven very strong by
surviving 3 quite brute spinnoffs. However, my new sheet chromemolley welded
rear uppright comes in at 5,94p. All weights are for bare upprights only. I believe
the "molley" uppright to be the strongest of the 3. So we got a 7,66x2p saving by using
these upprights. For normal use the labour involved fabricating these are not worthwhile.
But in a racing situation these parts must be fabricated anyway if one want to design
a fully new supension system for top level racing. The lowest unsprung weight is the
rubberarea in contact with the ground so tire teknology is also a great factor.
Heavy cheap tires and wheels should be avoided.
Goran