[DeTomaso] Fwd: 1978 GT5 real or Not real

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Aug 21 01:44:21 EDT 2007

In a message dated 8/20/07 20 25 48, dportal123 at gmail.com writes:

> I wrote to this forum once before concerning my 1978 Pantera GT5 to see
> what
> I could find out about confirming the car's pedigree and I was told that all
> GT5's were built with square edges in the engine compartment and that they
> started making them in 1980.  My Pantera has the square edges in the engine
> compartment and was imported with the flares and wing when it came in to the
> states. Is there a possibility the the GT5 were built earlier in Europe than
> for the states.
>

>>>No.   In fact they were never 'built for the states', unlike the
Amerisport GT5-S Panteras which were specifically constructed (less engine and gearbox
and exhaust system) for sale here.

Tell us your VIN; it will reveal everything about the build date of your car.
  I suspect that if the car is as you say it is, that it isn't actually a
1978.   Or, it *is* a 1978 that was converted to GT5 specification at some point
in its life.