[DeTomaso] Silver State Update - No Panteras Registered and no 500+ HP Panteras period- September 14-17 Its close to High Noon

Dave Doddek pantera at pobox.com
Mon Aug 20 21:37:00 EDT 2007

Crazy Dave didnt dissipear, he just bought a new house and cant afford to
race.

Dave "broke for 30 years" D

At 01:06 PM 8/20/2007 -0700, you wrote:
>Waxers, Shiners and Slackers,
>
>  I just got an email from Gail Waldman at Silver State asking, "where are
all the Pantera Racers?"............ so I thought I better shake the List
tree again and see what falls out.

>  Between Monterey, infrared guns, gas tank bungs and aluminum rear
carriers I forgot to mention we are now 3 weeks out (September 14-17) to
Silver State. Silver State is not full yet so you still have time to get on
line and register www.sscc.us  There are a few small motels in Ely that
still have vacancies as well but you gotta check around. Don't have all the
money? Send them a $100 buck deposit with your registration and bring the
rest to the event.

>  Some of you slackers haven't done anything more exciting then grabing
the TV remote from your wife or questioned your boss with a,  "I don't
think I should have to do that!".......so Go OUT to the garage now and look
at your Pantera again. Start that engine if you must and remember what you
bought it for....

>  No Larry and Bobo its not about leaving the garage door open so the
neighbors can see your lack of progress! ;-]>.

>  I keep reading about ALL these List Pantera's with dream 500+ HP engines
but as of today there is only 'one' Pantera registered at Silver State.
That driver is old, his engine is tired, the driver can barely see or hear,
he has ADD and yet I must assume due to the lack of Pantera registrations
that the List membership has abandoned open road racing.  No one from
Southern California I can understand but not one competitor from NorCal or
Texas or Colorado.....something is wrong.

>  All the great veterans are out or retired.....JB is out babysitting,
Jason the Kid Eaton is also babysitting, Eliot "Killer" Kushner is out, Big
Bob Benson is out with excuses, Larry "Rockhouse" Stock is out and won't
even pickup the phone, Tom Di Iulio is out and he changed his telephone
number, Durango Dave is out with one of the girls he met in Nebraska,
Junior is STILL retired, Russ Jacobson is retired, even Doc Abe is out with
some lame excuse, Erik Belter is still trying to piece 2 Pantera's into one
2 years later, Colin Haney sold his Pantera, Bobby Byers has been retired
so long he may even remember  when young Junior Wilson ran, Frank
Cirrincione flew under the radar and disappeared, Pedro Martini blames the
Armyr, Greg Sullivan disappeared after not being able to go faster then 110
Mph and even Crazy Dan Courtney is out but he is on the radar scope but
still trying to fix an engine, Mike Cox disappeared, Crazy Dave Doddek
disappeared, michael Frazier can't race
> more then once a year unless its in Texas ;-]>, Steve the Hawk and David
Bell out of Texas have joined Hillary's campaign committee and they are
out, Gray Gregory is enduro racing (okay, at least he's racing) but spends
most of his time chasing Long Horn steer on his ranch outside Houston, Rich
Hoppe is still semi-retired but trying to prepare Pantera #3 for racing,
even Racer Hero Girl Laurie Ferrari is out, ohhh this is really
painful....you guys are killing me.....even the great Charlie Puckett is
out, Grant Stockwell is retired, Mike Trusty bought a GT and can't get a
day off, John Taphorn is hiding out, Mike Anderson bought a GT and can't be
found,   Darryl "Mr. Corvette Suspension" Johnson is still out after 4
years running now ;-]>, and Tom Pillar is out retired....and that is only a
partial list of veternas, so who does that leave left???

>  YOU and about EVERYONE ELSE.  So get off your ass, get your Pantera
ready to go and come out and make history.  Durango Dave came out to
Nebraska for the Sand Hills ORR with a tired engine that probably made
less then 200 HP and he still drove his Pantera from home and back AND
completed the one mile shoot-out and trophied in his class and won the Iron
Man Award.

>  So don't tell me its your mommy, your boss, wife, boyfriend, vacation
time or kids that is stopping you from driving the Pantera. And don't tell
me you need to change the oil or there is a a few drops of ZF fluid on your
garage floor.....And if you own one of the few Mangusta's which still
haven't ever finished in ORR history then I can't even bring myself to talk
to you.

>  Just do it. Just get your Pantera ready to rock. We have to have more
then one Pantera at Silver State....hmm, better yet lets just encourage the
old blind and death dawg with ADD to race 180 MPH with no one there to help
him....okay start your engines