[DeTomaso] Stock Temperature gauge vs. Infrared hand held no contact

cengles at cox.net cengles at cox.net
Mon Aug 20 14:10:36 EDT 2007

Dear Dave,

Oddly enough I the opposite experience yesterday. I finally solved my dead temp gauge problem (bad wire to the sender plus a poor connection on the infamous L model resistor) and went for a test drive.

The temperature reading on return home was 230 degrees. The infrared temp gun showed 139 at the top of the radiator, 150 on the intake, 165 on the heads and 191 on the swirl tank! A forty degree difference opposite to your experience.

Italian instumentation--ya gotta love it!, Chuck Engles