[DeTomaso] Gas tank bung

Jim Hendrickson chendric at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 20 00:51:41 EDT 2007

40+ years ago, I knew a guy that welded gas tanks. He said he would only
weld on them if they were totally full (he filled them with water) or
completely dry.

A couple of years ago, I had to dry out my gas tank after I flushed a bunch
of sediment out of it with water. I used two shop vacs to dry it. I had one
blowing in the fresh, dry air in and the other sucking the humid air out. I
let them run for a few hours. Seemed to work just fine.

Hope this helps.

Jim