[DeTomaso] New Engine Proposal

cengles at cox.net cengles at cox.net
Thu Aug 16 14:56:44 EDT 2007

Dear David,

If I understand the question is where to obtain a *fresh* 4-bolt block, then I would answer a) some NOS blocks seem to show up on eBay (however, they have the full potential to suffer core shift and thin walls, too) and b) a guy named Tod Buttermore has some real foundry and engine block credentials. He is currently moving ahead with the Buttermore-new-improved-351-Cleveland block project. His blocks will be beefier than normal and incorporate fixes for common 351C weaknesses and should come in two flavors: cast iron and cast aluminum. They probably won't be available for at least several months to a year or more........

Warmest regards, Chuck Engles