[DeTomaso] New Engine Proposal

Biancoj at aol.com Biancoj at aol.com
Thu Aug 16 11:19:29 EDT 2007

There simply has to be a more reasonably priced, durable  351Cleveland with
great performance,,, than spending 10K,,, this isn't  rocket science to get a
great Cleveland engine at a reasonable price, Dan Jones  would know about this
and the science with or without the rocket.  I think  we need a web site with
just everyone's experience with their specific engine  and build and who built
it, with what and who built their own.  These  engines should be pretty
reasonable to rebuild and with the changes in  technology over the last 33 years
they should give more usable HP at a  reasonable price.  My first engine which
was stock except for the  X-celerator manifold and the holley carb and it had
the 4v closed chamber heads  and ran like a scalded dog and just plain kicked
ass.  My last rebuild 10  years ago by a bunch of YO-YOS gave me a pantera that
has a great top end, but  acts like it can't get out of its own way getting
there, unless I keep the RPMs  up.

I drive my pantera almost daily (until 16 months ago), but  when I step on
the gas I want it to go.

In a message dated 8/15/2007 6:23:14 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,