[DeTomaso] New Engine

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 15 19:11:29 EDT 2007

Many reputable builders offer "crate" motors, which are an assembled package that satisfies
  key power, performance, and price objectives that they have found works. Of course, they
  can all do custom builds for customers as well.  I imagine Russ Felps might even have a
  "crate" package - a recipe that works - that he'd recommend/build for several different
  applications. Just a guess.

  Anyway, I've heard good reports on the PI bulletin board about engines from McKeown
  Motorsport Engineering Inc., if you're on the right coast.
  http://www.mmeracing.com/
  http://www.mmeracing.com/mmeracing/FeaturedPackages.asp

  I'd trust a "crate" engine from either of these guys. But as with any major purchase ($$$), do
  your homework! Get references, visit the builder and discuss your intended use, goals and
  budget, and get references.