[DeTomaso] Aluminum Rear Carriers on Ebay

Dick Koch arkoch at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 15 10:07:38 EDT 2007

The dimensions of the uprights appear to be the same as the stock
uprights and would use all the stock components.  If so I don't know if
I would feel comfortable using them if the stock bearing setup was used.

However, by using one of the variations of the sleeved tapered roller
bearing setups, I probably would feel comfortable using them.

It looks like the lower "A" arm support shaft assembly
<http://www.panterasbywilkinson.com/webpages/catalog/ill6c.html> would
be ok.

It would appear the overall assembly would have to weigh less than the
stock steel upright assembly.

Any thoughts from some of you folks with more experience with using
aluminum in this type of application?

Dick Koch - Atlanta

Who makes these?  They look nice, but are they much lighter?

<http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-De-Tomaso-Pantera-GT-GTS-New-Alm-Rear-Hub-Carrier_W0QQitemZ330156353136QQihZ014QQcategoryZ42609QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem>

Mike Thomas
Panteras Northwest