[DeTomaso] New Engine

Doug Braun doug at silicondesigns.com
Tue Aug 14 11:13:23 EDT 2007

Trevor,

	I don't know anything about Smeding Performance engines but I can recommend
that you stay away from mechanical roller camshafts for your application.
They are intended for race applications only and tend to need a lot of
maintenance.  You may also want to stay away from flat tappet camshafts
(hydraulic or mechanical) due to the lack of ZDDP in modern oils, although
either can work very well in a street performance engine.  But in my
opinion, a hydraulic roller camshaft would be best suited for your
application because it will provide the performance and reliability you need
with no maintenance and is compatible with today's modern oils.

Doug Braun
blue 73L #5505