[DeTomaso] Question about Dropped Floor Pans..

Mark McWhinney msm at portata.com
Mon Aug 13 14:02:47 EDT 2007

I have a custom cut-n-weld pan with about a 3" drop.  It scrapes on road
debris, but I have a fix for that. I installed Dynamat so that I do not hear
it.  It's my version of fixing an engine by putting black tape over the
check engine light.

I have not measured underneath, but it looks like the pan is below the 15"
wheel which means I would hit bottom if I ever had a flat tire.

My biggest concern, though, is getting sideways and having the pan ripped
away.  Since I do not use seats, that could be painful.