[DeTomaso] Clutch slipping at 3000 RPMs

Konrad.Szwab at AlconLabs.com Konrad.Szwab at AlconLabs.com
Fri Aug 10 10:28:37 EDT 2007

Hello,

Now that the overheating problem is mostly gone and the coil runs
happily at 8.15 V, I an wondering about the clutch slipping issue.

10 years ago the clutch disk was changed, I am not sure with which one (
the expensive or the cheap one, probably I have the cheap one).

Initially the car would have difficulty getting in first gear and there
would be a shaking of the whole car until the car would start moving.

I believe then the slave clutch cylinder was replaced and some
adjustments made.

The situation now, as for the last 10 years, is that the car is slow, it
would not spin tires when pushed hard and on all gears after 3000 RPMs
the revs kind of go up quickly with no effect.

Could it be that I have the short throw slave cylinder and I would need
a long throw ? Would this prevent the clutch from fully engaging ?

How can I tell which one I have ?

Any other thoughts ?

Thanks

Konrad

This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not an intended recipient or an authorized representative of an intended recipient, you are prohibited from using, copying or distributing the information in this e-mail or its attachments. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies of this message and any attachments.
Thank you.