[DeTomaso] Ballast Resistors and Choke Heaters

SOBill at aol.com SOBill at aol.com
Thu Aug 9 19:15:27 EDT 2007

Jack,

The choke hookup I described is for a car with an OEM carb and  alternator.

One wire alternators originated on cars with EFI. These cars do not  have
chokes, so there was no need for the 6 volt source from  the stator.

Checking with the Holley site
(>>>>>http://www.holley.com/data/Products/Technical/199R10219-3.pdf),  they give instructions to connect the Holley choke to
an ignition switched  12 volts. They also point out that the choke must not
be connected to the  ignition coil positive terminal.

I don't know if a 12 volt choke connection is applicable for all  Holley
carbs. It probably applies for Holley aftermarket carbs. It probably  does not
apply for Holley carbs which came as original equipment  from auto manufacturers.

SOBill  Taylor
sobill at aol.com