[DeTomaso] 73L dying - Resolved !

F&D Terry gt5s at bcpl.net
Thu Aug 9 11:07:41 EDT 2007

Many cars have that pink wire totally burned as a result of leaving the
key on with the engine off while listening to the radio. If the engine
stops while the bumper on the points comes to rest on a cam load, all is
well but that usually is not the case. A recent look at an early wire
harness revealed the pink wire had been totally burned. Sometime this
will cause insulation on other wires in the bundle to melt and short too.

Fred T.