[DeTomaso] NGK Plugs

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se
Tue Aug 7 17:54:38 EDT 2007

Will Demelo skrev:
> I've been using NGK-R plugs as recommended bt the engine builder. NGK #BKR6E. I get these from the very high priced hi-performance store in another town. I recently went to the local parts store and they had them in stock, but with the #11 below the BKR6E. What is the 11 for? Heat range? What is the heat range without a number?

What heads do you have?

When I decode the number it isn't a taper seat plug.

With my iron heads I have been using BPR5FS, BPR6FS and BP7FS, all of
which are taper seat.

Decoding "BKR6E-11":

BK -> 14 mm thread, 16 mm socket
R -> resistor
6 -> heat range, higher number is colder
E -> 19.0 mm thread length
-11 -> 1.1 mm electrode gap

Decoding "BPR6FS":

B -> 14 mm thread, 20.8 mm socket