[DeTomaso] shipping a car to Denmark and handling an overseas transaction?

Darrell Nakawaki dynasports at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 7 01:35:42 EDT 2007

Garth, Mike, Dagny, J.C. Olsen and all detomaso at realbig members,

Thank you for your help/support. You've all been a great help.   I'm going to look into all your suggested options for shipping/ payment.

Darrell

From: MikeLDrew at aol.comDate: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 20:06:55 -0400Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] shipping a car to Denmark and handling an overseas transaction?To: dynasports at hotmail.com; detomaso at realbig.comIn a message dated 8/6/07 10 23 47, dynasports at hotmail.com writes:
Does anybody know about shipping a car to Denmark and handling an overseas transaction?Can anybody recommend a shipping company and what is the best way to handle the transaction? Should I accept a money wire through the shipping company and transfer title at the time?Thanks in advance for any input on this,I had great satisfaction with Seabridge, one of many companies (brokers) who book passage on the same boats.  When I shipped my Shelby GT-350 clone to Europe, I called all over the place, and found that everybody I was talking with was going to be arranging for my car to get on the same, single ship!  Prices varied greatly.www.movecars.com is a website with lots of good contact information for the various car shipping companies that operate in the USA.  Note that there is a special section on this site dedicated to overseas shipping.Probably the best (but perhaps a more expensive) company is CARS UK/CARS Europe.http://www.carseurope.mc/This is pretty much *the* preeminant automobile shipping company in Europe; it's owned by a friend of mine (well, an acquaintance really--a friend of a friend), Richard Clarke.  This company is the absolute top-shelf outfit out there, catering to the Monaco/Pebble Beach set.  If you need to get your Ferrari 250 GTO somewhere, these are the boys to call.You can try them, but be prepared for sticker shock.  However, they are used to dealing not only with the mechanics of shipping a car, but also acting as the intermediarys between buyers and sellers.If you get to speak to Richard directly, invoking my name will probably earn you a chuckle or two, but don't expect a discount. :>)You might also want to talk to Claude Dubois, who was at one time the Belgian distributor for De Tomaso, and the largest De Tomaso distributor in the world.  He is still very active with buying and selling cars, principally importing Panteras and Shelbys from the USA to Europe.  (In fact right now he has  '64 Galaxie 427 R-code hardtop, '65 Mustang K-code hardtop and a '67 Mustang FIA GT2 car for sale, all recently sourced from the USA I believe).  He might have some good suggestions for you.  His e-mail is ClaudeDuboisBelgium at gmail.comTell him I sent ya. :>)Mike**************************************Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour