[DeTomaso] Glass for the Pantera

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Mon Aug 6 20:11:24 EDT 2007

Dear Mark,

                    I went through this in the mid nineties.   IIRC, there
is a wide variation in quality, source and cost of Pantera windshields.
Glass can be from the factory in Italy, from Germany, from Brazil, and from
the US.   I suspect that China may now be a new source also.   The actual
glass and optic quality varied with the source and was not correlated to
price.    I am sure that someone with more recent experience will add some
more contemporary facts.

                    You'll need to do some homework about the source of the
glass and its reputation.  When I had mine replaced the local glass expert
told me that if I bought it and obtained and it broke on installation, then
it was *my* broken glass.   The other option was to order through him and if
it broke on installation, then they just ordered another one.   Luckily,
their price was less than a good deal on a Pantera windshield and their
source was a high quality one,  Germany, I think.  It might not hurt to
check with your local glass experts, too.

                                 It *is* confusing!,  Chuck Engles