[DeTomaso] shipping a car to Denmark and handling an overseas transaction?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Aug 6 20:06:55 EDT 2007

In a message dated 8/6/07 10 23 47, dynasports at hotmail.com writes:

> Does anybody know about shipping a car to Denmark and handling an overseas
> transaction?Can anybody recommend a shipping company and what is the best way
> to handle the transaction? Should I accept a money wire through the shipping
> company and transfer title at the time?Thanks in advance for any input on
> this,

I had great satisfaction with Seabridge, one of many companies (brokers) who
book passage on the same boats.   When I shipped my Shelby GT-350 clone to
Europe, I called all over the place, and found that everybody I was talking with
was going to be arranging for my car to get on the same, single ship!   Prices
varied greatly.

www.movecars.com is a website with lots of good contact information for the
various car shipping companies that operate in the USA.   Note that there is a
special section on this site dedicated to overseas shipping.

Probably the best (but perhaps a more expensive) company is CARS UK/CARS
Europe.

http://www.carseurope.mc/

This is pretty much *the* preeminant automobile shipping company in Europe;
it's owned by a friend of mine (well, an acquaintance really--a friend of a
friend), Richard Clarke.   This company is the absolute top-shelf outfit out
there, catering to the Monaco/Pebble Beach set.   If you need to get your Ferrari
250 GTO somewhere, these are the boys to call.

You can try them, but be prepared for sticker shock.   However, they are used
to dealing not only with the mechanics of shipping a car, but also acting as
the intermediarys between buyers and sellers.

If you get to speak to Richard directly, invoking my name will probably earn
you a chuckle or two, but don't expect a discount. :>)

You might also want to talk to Claude Dubois, who was at one time the Belgian
distributor for De Tomaso, and the largest De Tomaso distributor in the
world.   He is still very active with buying and selling cars, principally
importing Panteras and Shelbys from the USA to Europe.   (In fact right now he has
'64 Galaxie 427 R-code hardtop, '65 Mustang K-code hardtop and a '67 Mustang
FIA GT2 car for sale, all recently sourced from the USA I believe).   He might
have some good suggestions for you.   His e-mail is

ClaudeDuboisBelgium at gmail.com

Tell him I sent ya. :>)