[DeTomaso] ZF Help

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Aug 6 08:22:30 EDT 2007

In a message dated 8/6/07 4 36 27, wdemelo at cogeco.ca writes:

> My friends  ZF  is working fine when cold. After it warms up, it grinds
> going into reverse. He has checked free play.
> Any suggestions?

He simply doesn't have enough free play.   Things expand when they heat up,
and presumably he's checking and finding 'enough' free play only when things
are cold.

There could be many different causes--leaking hydraulic system, improper
adjustment, incorrect clutch disc installed, etc. etc.   The usual suspects, in
other words.

Have YOU checked his free play?   I'd start off trying to adjust the system
to see if you can get adequate play, and go from there.