[DeTomaso] other question on super traps

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Aug 5 18:09:37 EDT 2007

In a message dated 8/5/07 14 35 28, hoppe1 at cox.net writes:

> Some will laugh but I hope to get the race car titled and licensed so I can
> at least test the car after I work on it before I go to the track.
>
> To quiet the car down at home but not at the track, are supertraps the
> easiest way to temporarly add something on to the exhaust so the neighbors still
> acknowledge me when I see them?
>

>>>In a word--yes.

They are known in the industry as 'Stupidtrapps" because they are very
restrictive when fitted with few discs (which makes them quiet), and when fitted
with enough discs so that they are only 'fairly restrictive', they are just about
as loud as straight pipes!

But for doing shakedown drives on the street, testing the various systems
etc., you can afford to give away 100 hp.   Aesthetics shouldn't be a
concern--just clamp them to the end of your existing tailpipes and let them stick out a
foot or two behind the car....