[DeTomaso] How do you know if the axles are aftermarket

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Aug 5 16:57:25 EDT 2007

In a message dated 8/5/07 13 50 12, MikeLDrew at aol.com writes:

> The Gr4 cars and
> later GT5/GT5-S Panteras had beefier hub carriers and bigger, better axles,
> but
> your car probably still has the originals.   I'd change them out right away,
> before you start racing it.

To be clear, what I mean is that I'd suggest that you upgrade to forged steel
axles, which are reportedly even stronger than the billet steel axles which
have been available for years.   There's nothing wrong with your hub carriers
though.

Dennis Quella sells the forged axles.   There is an extra-cost aluminum hub
centering ring which screws into the end of the axle, and I would urge you to
get those as well.