[DeTomaso] How do you know if the axles are aftermarket

hoppe1 hoppe1 at cox.net
Sun Aug 5 15:06:48 EDT 2007

My tech question is- if the rear axles have holes in the center can they still be aftermarket strong axles?

Now for the rest of the story

I should go to some kind of therapy for doing this but I bought another pantera.

I again have 3 cars.   One driver, one on a rotisery, and the third one I bought yesterday is a racer.

It was the Round Table Pizza car if you know it.  I bought it from the original owner.  A real nice guy.

It hasn't raced in a while so it needs TLC.

I think it is cool.  No key, throw a few toggle switches and press a starter button.  Full cage. 351C dry sump. 180 degree headers.  Gas fill flappers on the roof.  It has aluminum doors, hood, trunk, and engine lid. I think it has a different gear ratio for high speeds.   I thought I know cars but there are some performance things on this car that I don't know what they are for.

It seems to run good but with straight 5 or 6 inch exhaust and no plates I haven't really tested it our yet.

Now I am really a slacker unless I get it to events.

Rich