[DeTomaso] 4416 up and screeming

Mike Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Sat Aug 4 12:30:01 EDT 2007

Congrats!

I took 6328 on her maiden drive last Tuesday evening after the 381 stroker
transplant.  A pretty mild 3 miles or so, more today, but all works great
save for the stiff throttle cable.  I got a new cable from Quella, and it's
about 8" too long and has an extra loop in it.  Temp gage yet to get
working, but the engine is running cool and the fans are on, so no immediate
worries.
John Maffeo came by to see the car as I have been working on it since last
October, and he didn't realize he was going to copilot for my first
low-speed taxi tests.  Man, what a lot of work this has been, with major
electrical help from Doug Braun, but it has all been worth it.

Mike Thomas
Panteras Northwest