[DeTomaso] Engine Screen Needed

Mark Tumbarello ollerabmut at msn.com
Thu Aug 2 20:35:42 EDT 2007

You can run the blue thunder intake with holley carb and a 1-1/2 inch dropped base air cleaner with a I think 2-3/4 inch element under the stock early screen. Thats how I ran my last set up with one of the stepped Mr gasket chrome tops. Other tops may fit different. I now am using a Weiand Excellerator 2v port matched to edlebrock heads and cut flat with holley carb and the same 1-1/2 inch drop base with a 3 inch K&N element and a K&N element open top under the stock early screen. It can be done you just have to take the time to measure and mix and match. Mark> Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 11:17:48 -0500> From: daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com> To: detomaso at realbig.com> Subject: [DeTomaso] Engine Screen Needed> > A friend is in need of an engine screen, specifically a 1972 type> engine screen that has been cut. Mike is running a 393C with> flat pad Blue Thunder and there isn't enough clearance under> the earlier screen to run an air filter. He wants to keep an early> style screen and modify it for clearance, possibly cutting a hole> in it for the air cleaner to poke through.> > Let me know if you have anything.> > Thanks,> Dan Jones> _______________________________________________> > Detomaso Forum Managed by POCA> > Archive Search Engine Now Available at http://www.realbig.com/detomaso/> > DeTomaso mailing list> DeTomaso at list.realbig.com> http://list.realbig.com/mailman/listinfo/detomaso