[DeTomaso] Power steering update

SOBill at aol.com SOBill at aol.com
Wed Aug 1 20:52:59 EDT 2007

Sorry .... should have Reply All.

You are so right.

I have been off the car for two weeks since my wife took a tumble  on the
sidewalk. She is pretty much OK now .... now it's jury duty.   Anyway, back to
work next week.

I have the rack correctly positioned and the driver side tie rod  shortened
and installed. This was a matter of trimming the tie rod, trimming the  tie rod
end, and reaming the steering arm holes to 10 deg to fit the Honda  tie rod
ends. So things are coming along. I need to do the passenger tie rod and
install the steering shaft U-joint. Then I will build the final mounting  frame
work ..... what I have now is just tack welded together

Along the way I built a typical bump steer gauge which uses two  dial
indicators and then struck on measuring bump steer using two Harbor Freight  lasers
...... the laser method works great and can be easily  done.

So it is all still in work. I will post articles about the bump  steer
methods and the steering system progress.

Who says they wouldn't know what to do if they retired. I haven't  been bored
1 minute in the past 8 years. Just buy a Pantera.

Have fun,

SOBill  Taylor
sobill at aol.com