[DeTomaso] Front suspension - Disassembly, Day 1

NSakulen at aol.com NSakulen at aol.com
Wed Aug 1 08:11:28 EDT 2007

Installed zerks in the rack. 1 just inside on the bushing and the other
close to where the steering collumn attaches to the rack.

Nick

Installed zerks in what?  The Tie rod ends, the ball joints or the  sway
bar brackets?

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR,  Retired

& Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA

1973 Pantera L  5533
[ASASCAT]

******************************
http://www.asajay.com
http://www.351c.info

NSakulen at aol.com wrote:

> I drilled and  installed grease zerks when I did my rack.
>
>  Nick
>
> Mine  clunked when going over speed bumps (at a slow  speed).  It was the
rack
>  bushing.
>
> If you  haven't changed yours, why not remove the rack,  clean/disassemble
it,
> grease-not-oil, new bushing, new boots, new tie rod  ends,  remount with
3/8"
> spacers, and then you're done.

7/30/2007

> 5:02 PM