[DeTomaso] Ref: Return From Vegas

fstoye at aol.com fstoye at aol.com
Mon Apr 30 23:42:57 EDT 2007

Well, the good luck lasted as far as Tucumcari, New Mexico.  I couldn't avoid something in the road and ran over it. Needless to say, it destroyed my right rear tire!! It was really fun trying to stop from 80 mph without doing damage to my car. After a flat bed tow back to Tucumcari, I found out that my AAA Plus doesn't cover the cost of taking my small trailer with us to get the tire fixed. It cost me $258.00 to tow the trailer 37 miles with the car(it was free with my Plus membership). Well, a new Goodyear 295/50/R50 tire and $135.00 later, we were on our way east. I had a POCA member spot me by the side of the road and stop and ask to help. I forgot to ask his name due to my extreme mental state at the time, but he had a truck with CA plates and great silver harir ( as my wife said). As was said at the dinner, yes, we are a big family and it was nice for him to stop. We made it to Chandler OK by 10 pm, very tired and very cranky!!. But, as my wife said, things could have been worse. Next time, I'm going to get one of those small spare tires and but it in the trailer in case of an emergency. Oh, the things we learn. Well, off again to Michigan tomorrw.

Fred Stoye
3366
"Tip of the Mitt" Pantera