[DeTomaso] 351C mechanical fuel pump recommendations?

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 30 23:13:59 EDT 2007

I had a Mallory Comp140 pump with bypass regulator.  Great pump.  Too noisy
for a street car (about $250).

I had a Holley Red pump.  Noisier than the Mallory.

I had a cheapo Summit pump that looks fairy similar to the Holley Red.
Noisy.

Track cars can deal with the noise, but it gets old in a street car.

I had a cheapo Autozone mech pump that lasted about 1 month.  It was made
out of old beer cans.  I know this because it weighed about the same.  She's
a witch if she weighs the same as a duck.

I currently have a Holley chrome pump.  It is much more solid than the
Autozone pump.  Mine doesn't leak.  Maybe I'm lucky.  The diaphragm is very
thick.  The diaphragm on the Autozone pump looks like it is made from old
bicycle inner tubes.

If I were buying another mech pump, I'd buy one from Rob Mcquarrie (sp?).
The url was listed previously.  Take a look at those pumps.  They sure look
like they'd last forever.  They cost a lot, but the peace of mind is worth
it.