[DeTomaso] 351C mechanical fuel pump recommendations?

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 30 21:29:00 EDT 2007

Sure agree with Chuck on that...When I was running a mech fuel pump on the Cleveland stroker  and it started leaking in '98 up in Ely at the Silver State. I figured I would not be able to find a replacement but we pulled it and went down to the NAPA store and they had one (the only one) on his shelf.
  md

Charles Engles <cengles at cox.net> wrote:
  Dear Mike,

I *once* had a Holley pump. I did not care for it. When it
finally failed pre-maturely, I replaced it with an AutoZone off the shelf,
made in Mexico, stock 351C replacement (I cannot recall the brand). I
rather quickly then took it to the track at Hallett. It did fine. It
didn't leak as did the Holley. It worked flawlessly until I pulled the
whole engine.

Warmest regards, Chuck Engles