[DeTomaso] Vibration Help

Will Demelo wdemelo at cogeco.ca
Mon Apr 30 17:49:19 EDT 2007

I recently removed my ZF and had a new centerforce flywheel (Summit 700250-48) and clutch installed. The flywheel replaced my original flywheel with 28oz external balance model.
The new flywheel looked the same as my original with 6 or 7 holes drilled on one side.
I also thightened my motor mounts. I noticed that the bolts were too long and it was tightened against the shoulder bolts, not against the rubbers.
The problem is now I've got a bad vibration when revving the motor (not driving). Idle isn't bad (it's got a fat cam). Just when I rev it to 3 or 4k.
I've got a burnt ignition wire (from the header) and perhaps a fouled plug. Could this cause a vibration?
I just checked the part # on the flywheel box and it is correct for my external balance requirement.
Suggestions?
Will (trying to get ready for Pocono) D