[DeTomaso] "Bolt-In" Hall Pantera Brake Master Cylinder & Air Filter

rick mcclure rickrows at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 30 08:46:09 EDT 2007

I ordered the "improved" master from Hall and yes it bolted in but many
modifications had to be made to brake lines and to get it to work properly.
Initially the piston was too far down in the cylinder and would not allow
brake fluid to return after braking.  This caused lock-up in a very short
time.  After some machined shortening of the linkage it worked - so far.

Also I ordered the very nice Pantera air filter.  The rear deck lid just
does close with no room to spare and I'll have to watch it when the motor is
reved to see if it rubs.  I don't think there is any hope of getting the
motor screen (curved grate) back on without some bending or modification
Anyone have any solutions?