[DeTomaso] Vegas Drive Day 8

David Tucker david.tucker at chesapeakepanteras.com
Thu Apr 26 04:38:34 EDT 2007

Day 8

4/25/2007

After getting up (and I didn't want to get up) we went to the Pinnacles in
Trona, CA with my Sister then came back to Ridgecrest and had lunch. We
fueled up and left at 1:45. We took a crazy route to Death Valley. Some good
roads, some washed out roads. At the entrance to Death we stopped at a
souvenir shop. Kathy went crazy in there and the store owner was very happy.
We headed directly to Badwater which is the lowest point in the US. 282'
below sea level. It was hot. Over 100. But it's a dry heat. The AC works
very well in the car. Then through Artists Drive. What colors! Our final
stop was Zabriskie Point after which we had to get to Vegas. We stopped in
Pahrump, NE for a quick dinner and arrived at the Orleans in Vegas @ 9:35.
Tired and cranky, we had to lug our luggage from the parking garage to our
room. From the elevator to the room is 300'. No exaggeration, I measured. If
you can handle the exercise at this place, you can drive your Pantera from
anywhere in the lower 48.

I'm sleeping in

Dave & Kathy

275.5 miles today