[DeTomaso] Vegas Drive Day 7

David Tucker david.tucker at chesapeakepanteras.com
Wed Apr 25 12:51:22 EDT 2007

Day 7

Lazier today, loosing steam, or sleep. Didn't get out of the hotel till 10.
Had to see some other things around SF and drive down Lombard St. We stopped
on Treasure Island and got some nice shots of the City By The Bay. Didn't
leave there till Noon. Unfortunately, we were too far behind to stop in and
visit Marshal and his family. I hope to make it up to you Marshal. We
traveled down 5 to Bakersfield and took 58 and 178 through Lake Isabella.
Man are there some great twisties through the canyon. And down into
Ridgecrest. We got to visit with my Sister here tonight and tomorrow morning
we will go out to the Pinnacles in Trona where Captain Kirk and Spock
confronted god in Eden in that movie where Spock's Brother hijacked the
Enterprise. Then we will go through Death Valley stopping only where time
will permit so we can arrive at the Orleans at the usual 6:30-8 time slot.
Hope everyone is there sometime.

Dave and Kathy

The car still runs great (after adding octane boost to stop the ping). How
do you guys survive in the west without 93 and 94 octane? It hurts to use
91.

399 miles today

3876.6 total