[DeTomaso] 72 Pantera in Hayward for sale on Craigslist

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Apr 24 21:55:51 EDT 2007

In a message dated 4/24/07 13 50 50, garth_rodericks at yahoo.com writes:

> Stumbled across one for sale on Craigslist. Just the messenger...
>   http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/car/314451015.html

I looked at this car with a potential buyer a few weeks ago.   It's a beater
that has been run hard and put away wet.   Owner seems nice enough, but
doesn't know much about the car (or Panteras in general), and it definitely has
suffered from years of neglect.

An example--the water temp gauge wasn't working during my test-drive.   I
pointed it out, and he said that it fluctuated which annoyed him, so his 'fix'
was to simply disconnect it.   He never bothered to investigate to see if he
actually had an overheating problem.

And so it goes.   That story, and that attitude, is repeated throughout the
car, I think.

Paint is high-school shop class quality, body has bends in it the likes I've
never seen.   It does drive pretty well, sounds good, seems pretty solid from
a rust perspective.

Definitely unrealistically priced for its condition though.