[DeTomaso] Vegas Drive Day 6

David Tucker david.tucker at chesapeakepanteras.com
Tue Apr 24 02:46:43 EDT 2007

Day 6,

We left the Santa Barbara area this morning at around 9:30 and headed up the
coast to San Francisco. Man, there are some twisties in those roads. Too
bad, only half of us in the car like them. It was a beautiful day. We
arrived at the Point Bonita lighthouse just across the Golden Gate Bridge at
6:15. Just 2 ¾ hrs after they closed. But we knew that was going to happen.
Still, we found a great spot to view it from that we missed before. Then we
went to Fisherman’s Wharf Pier 39 for a late steak dinner. Then off to the
hotel to crash.

Tomorrow morning we will go down Lombard St through the twisties and off to
my Sisters in Ridgecrest, stopping first in Visalia to see some friends.

I checked the coolant today. After driving for hours, I stopped and cleaned
the windshield and opened the swirl tank and it didn’t even hiss. I haven’t
lost 1 drop. The car is amazing this trip.

Dave & Kathy

Just 393 miles today

3477.7 total