[DeTomaso] Vegas Drive Day 5

David Tucker david.tucker at chesapeakepanteras.com
Mon Apr 23 01:55:13 EDT 2007

Day 5,

I went outside and cleaned the car up the best I could. I hope I don't get
billed from all the states I've driven through for removing the tar from
their roads. The weather started out pretty good. We drove across Arizona to
Kingman where we drove the historic Rt 66 Loop then we filled up with one
last tank of fuel for regular Americans. That is all states except
California. Premium for $3.06. We turned off of 40W onto Highway 66 just
west of Needles and enjoyed a brisk ride for well, the rest of the day. We
went through 29 Palms and toured Joshua Tree National Park. We will have to
stop first to take pictures and video of the thousands of windmills. I don't
think I'm exaggerating. But then the sky started to turn ugly so we stopped
and plastic bagged the luggage to be sure it didn't get wet if there was a
lot of rain. Hey, it happened before. Then we stopped for gas. $3.68 a
gallon. I hope they pay you guys well over here. Glad I get over 20 MPG.
Anyway, we zipped through LA  on 210 to the Ventura Highway. I was surprised
at how well the traffic flowed through there. I decided to stop in
Carpiteria which is just past Ventura. Then we could eat and I could write
this without getting yelled at for being up so late.

Tomorrow we should get a good start. We will go up the Pacific Coast Highway
to San Francisco, see some lighthouses, see some ocean, eat at Fisherman's
Wharf, and sleep.

Dave and Kathy

585 miles today

3084.7 for the trip